Strange idea mate. Do you actually know anything about our outer...

1. 3,493 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    Strange idea mate. Do you actually know anything about our outer reefs?
    And you seem to know nothing about how China builds these "Islands". Hint; they don't float on water.

Quote: To construct its artificial islands, China builds atop already existing, islands, rocks, and even coral reefs. Building an island that can support airstrips and other military installations requires a lot of sand, however. To gather it, China uses a fleet of dredgers, ships designed to pick up and move materials from the seafloor. These dredgers use large tubes with cutting attachments at the end to grind up material on the seafloor and suck it up. From there, the material is carried through pipes or hoses and dumped on top of reefs, rocks, and other existing formations.

This is total environmental carnage. Once sand is dumped on the coral it dies. NEVER TO RECOVER Also sand polutes the surrounding waters for miles. Thus killing all the bottom dwelling animals, (no Noddy not lawyers) sea slugs, molluscs, crabs, you name it - I could list species for hours. Also the sand in the water blocks the gills of the fish in the area, and they suffocate. So the water around these man made islands becomes a desert.

In doing this, the Chinese have proven themselves to be self-centered ignorant plicks, who don't give a stuff about anything or anyone except themselves.

Sorry for the rant, but I grew up as a coastie, and I have a great affinity for the ocean, and a love of the whole marine ecosystem. As a boy, the littoral areas were almost my whole life. Bugger the military consequences. The Chinese environmental vandalism makes me as mad as hell. Why aren't the Greens demonstrating, and demanding action against China, because of this.

Meoowwwrrrr....Marum.(Die wasserliebende Katze)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.