This is all BS in my opinion. There has been considerable...

1. 149 Posts.
    This is all BS in my opinion. There has been considerable evidence in recent times that the US Securities Exchange Commission (SEC), which is the US version of ASIC, has been guilty of pretty extreme corruption (the most salient example of which was perhaps the refusal for so long to investigate Bernie Madoff despite being supplied with strong evidence that he was operating a ponzi scheme). It seems that in the present day the wealthy plutocracy (''the big boys''/ financial elite) are pulling all the strings and that our regulatory agencies are in their pockets. Why would we expect a fair examination of the issue of HFT by ASIC or any of our authorities here in Australia? Do we really believe they'd be much different?

All I would want to see is a level playing field. I don't care whether or not it can be shown that HFT is corrupting financial markets. But if the so-called bots really do not have an unfair advantage, then what can be wrong with having the same rules apply to all players?

In particular, I feel it is most unfair that I, as a simple retail trader, cannot place a trade valued at less than $500 and that every trade I place attracts the same transaction fee. How many high speed trades would anyone place if they could not trade in parcels worth less than $500 each trade?

Well, I would like to hear why I also should not be given the right to pay a single transaction fee to trade a particular security multiple times? How is it a level playing field if the algorithic traders have such a right and I don't?

Well, I won't hold my breath waiting for any significant levelling of the field.

Cheers,

Tez

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.