HGO 2.78% 7.4¢ hillgrove resources limited

hillgrove goes it alone on kanmantoo project, page-43

1. 18 Posts.
    Hi Yaqona,

HGO has an estimated $23M tax bill for the sales of ESG shares - almost the size of the Capital to be raised.

(cf. Quarterly Report: It is anticipated that Hillgrove will book a profit on the transaction of approximately $94 million before tax for the half year ending 31 July 2009. Tax payable on the transaction is estimated to be approximately $23 million after utilising anticipated carry forward tax losses.).

I trust HGO's management should have thought through all the tax effective approaches for the Kanmantoo project.

As the Kanmantoo JV would be a seperate business entity, there is definitely a disadvantage for HGO unable to use its CapEx and Op losses to offset the tax liability of the upcoming ESG top-up windfall - it would be over $50M tax bill for the $170M topup (assuming $1 per share.) As the expenditure in Indonesia and other projects is still relatively low, the available offset would be minium.

I know very little about corporate taxes, so I might be wrong or worried too much.

To summarise, I estimate that:
    1. HGO would have a $25M shortfall if it can't dodge the $23M tax bill. In that case, further SPP to ordinary shareholders and/or bank loans would be necessay.
    2. To go alone with the Kanmantoo project, HGO will have substantial tax benefit when the ESG windfall do occure.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HGO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.4¢
Change
0.002(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $155.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.0¢ 7.4¢ 7.0¢ $145.2K 2.005M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 912053 7.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.4¢ 226563 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HGO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.