LYC 3.43% $6.34 lynas rare earths limited

Rojak, I do not know how you can know that you speak for the...

1. 1,110 Posts.
    Rojak,

I do not know how you can know that you speak for the people of Malaysia.

As for Australia, we have just had news that a corner-stone investor has pulled out of investing in Gunn's plantation and wood-chip projects in Tasmania, after being told by the Greens that the people of Tasmania did not want them. Gunns will probably collapse, together with the export industry of veneer timbers to Japan and people's jobs. Greens 1, people and commonsense 0.

I respect your right to express your views.

"People of Malaysia does not want rare earth plant -- fact. you guys are unthoughtful, so much for the citizen of so call free country, selfish."

But that does not mean that I have to agree with you. Nor does it mean that you can shirk your responsibility to defend sound criticiam.

So I ask, what industries would you welcome in Malaysia and which do you oppose? How is Malaysia to develop economically? Do you agree with the development of green technologies or not ("green technologies" rely on rare earths)?

Presumably you use Western technology such as airlines, cars, phones, TVs, etc. Should Malaysia give these up?

So you must answer those complex questions or leave yourself open to the accusation of hypocrisy.

Note that the West asked similar questions in the 18th and 19th centuries, with the English gentry and English poets opposed to industrialisation, the steam engine and train, and factories. As I said, these are complex questions. However, in the West, gthe average person voted with their feet and went into the cities in pursuit of a better life than in rural areas. The same is now happening in China.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.