recently was listening to some ambient music, one of which if i...

1. 7,404 Posts.
    recently was listening to some ambient music, one of which if i recall correctly, had the title of hinterland
    anyway after reading another thread on here, i was checking out a few sites and came across an excerpt from alan watts
    and then noticed the word "hintergedanken"

"a thought way,way way in the back of our minds, that we're hardly aware of but really know all the time"

prior to that, was also having a browse through a website: www.mymiserablelife.com
    which contains stories of mostly 'western' humans and their accounts of misfortune

i found that, from one perspective, some accounts struck a chord of humor, whilst at the same time, one of empathy and compassion.

additionally, and importantly, i would like to offer the suggestion that the more that we know that 'we' are not really separate beings, the more we want to help, rather than harm, 'others'

the following article shines a bit of light on this and can help us through our own suffering

http://reocities.com/Athens/library/9638/watts.html

in case the above link dies
    the excerpt come from - Alan Watts, "The Drama of It All," The Essential Alan Watts
    Last edited by Sarcophagus: 06/11/14

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.