CPL 0.00% 2.2¢ csl finance plc

hinton coal project just keeps getting better, page-2

1. 180 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Totally agree Mikekiller. CPL is certainly tracking along the development pathway nicely. It would be interesting to know the background to this so called meeting between Gene and a “serious coal analyst” next week. I wonder if it is going to result in an initiation of research coverage by a prominent broker or whether it is an analyst from an investment fund willing to take a stake in Coalspur. Certainly a tick of approval from a major broker would be a rocket for the share price.

Illustrating the unrealised value in CPL consider this. Whitehaven Coal in August 09 entered into an agreement with a Korean company Daewoo to sell 7.5% of their 77.5% stake in their Narrabri underground thermal coal project for + $125 million. Narrabri contains a total of 438 mil resource tonnes measured, indicated and inferred. 77.5% of this is 339 mil tonnes. Therefore Daewoo are paying $125 mil for approx a 25 mil tonne stake equating to approx $5 per tonne in ground and secure supply. Whilst I am no mathematician it is not hard to see the potential value in CPL’s 339 mil tonnes at Hinton East let alone the additional tonnages at Hinton West, Hinton North and Coalspur as they move along the development pathway. I am sure this is one of the reasons Gene Wusaty left South Gobi to join CPL – tremendous potential.

Regards

Danash

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CPL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.