XJO 0.34% 7,796.0 s&p/asx 200

How fortunate are those that have already experienced a...

1. 22,999 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 827
    How fortunate are those that have already experienced a crash/major correction.
    When the last one happened I had read a bit about 87 and even been involved in corrections (and lets be dinkum...we only knew they were corrections after the fact and not crashes)

My simple old hand novice question is this.

when has a crash not been exceeded by a bull market in the history of the markets?

So before everyone jumps out of the window and sells the farm why not think and review....big *sigh*....

if you wish to trade then don't blame the markets...it is the very dynamics of volatility that give you your trading vehicle.
    If you wish to invest then be happy that even though the gooses on TV talk about dividend reduction it is very very unlikley to happen. All that will happen is that maybe some capital growth is lost. Maybe no longer think of dividends as a % of current share price? maybe think of them as a divi % of the actual price you bought in?

So unless you are newly retired with a super payout and no previous investment plan you should sit ok imo.

unless of course like last time...you get spooked

it may be a massive amount of borrowings and debt but until capitalism fails that money will always find a home.

Don't believe me?

watch the rallies and wonder...where did that money come from?

not saying buy the dips or sell the rally's but at some time in the future no matter the gloom we see today...the market will hit new highs...always does

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.