DSE 4.01% $2.63 dropsuite limited

history plus potential equals who knows what

1. 378 Posts.
    A snipet for those interested.
    Part of the History.

Gold found in Ironstone instead of quartz.
    This discovery led prospectors to cast their eyes upon previously overlooked geological formations in the area, particularly the hills to the south of the telegraph station which had caps of ironstone. There gold was found with ironstone deposits returning as much as 1.2 kg per tonne. This led to Australia's last great goldrush.

Despite warnings placed in major newspapers by the federal government, concerning the harsh conditions and the lack of facilities, supplies, food and water, 600 men soon flecked the hills of the district. By 1934 the numbers prompted the government to gazette a new township, to be called Tennant Creek.

One of the most famous gold finds was made by Joe Kaczinski and Bill Bohning who named their claim after Kaczinski's dog, Peko. Peko Mines was established in 1949 and, during its forty-year history, it made a major contribution to the development of Tennant Creek.

Another successful (and earlier) venture was the Eldorado Mine, which opened in 1932 and closed in 1958, producing nearly 175 000 grams of gold. As a significant producer of copper, it was the only mine in the field to continue production throughout World War II.

The discovery of the copper reserves proved very profitable with new mines established on that basis. The Nobles Nob Mine, which started as a shaft mine, was founded by Jack Noble who, with his one good eye, formed a team with his friend and financier William Weaber, who was totally blind. It became an open-cut operation in 1967 after the main shaft collapsed. Nobles Nob produced assays which regularly exceeded 100 oz (3.2 kg) of gold per metric ton. One particularly rich area within the ore body produced over 300 oz per ton. During its existence, Nobles Nob produced over a million ounces (32 tons) of gold.

This also proves the history of Copper.

Footnote. In no way does this prove any such future potential.

But Wow

Wow Nobles Nob was impressive...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DSE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.63
Change
-0.110(4.01%)
Mkt cap ! $181.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.73 $2.73 $2.60 $86.68K 33.13K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 400 $2.61

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.63 13911 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DSE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.