history repeating?, page-7

1. 505 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    If you own your own place or near to it and you love your place... Keep loving it. It shouldnt matter what its worth
    ( Unless you have it geared up for other investments)

But if you own negative geared property... The only reason why that works is that you know it costs you money every year but you dont mind cos you think you know that it will provide a capital return in so many years time that will be far more advantageous than what its costing you in keeping it.

But if that potential capital gain isnt there and youre chipping in for the costs each month( especially when you are at an age when you want to retire and need the money for yourself) then why would you bother. You wouldnt.

When house price growth stagnates as now ( not that the media will tell you the truth) and when they start to decrease in value as the top end has already been doing. Then the rush to the exits will be extreme. You will be trying to sell your house before it devalues too much along with the rest of Australia. When a market is flooded with desperate sellers then the prices start to fall fast.

When you hold cash while everybodys assets start dropping in value then in turn you actually become richer.

I sold the last of my properties in September. and my money is now invested in things that will go up in value.
    As this is something I have done myself, It is obviously something that I recommend to people I talk to .
    Property Investing is becoming an oxymoron

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.