SPL 0.00% 9.9¢ starpharma holdings limited

History, page-37

1. 3,447 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 818

Mate how many times do I have to say it @newB ?
    SPL is not a buy and hold stock in my opinion. Never has been. You have to be flexible and nimble.

I took a position at 15 cents based on developments trial/results that Starpharma had communicated to the market that were pending, in fact imminent. Relative to expected decent results SPL was IMO undervalued and I bought for a trade.

As it turns out, nothing has happened to the SP for months. It’s flatlined with no ‘value bounce’ from interested entities and now the trial results keep getting pushed to the right. These combined factors are a red flag to me.

So I sold SPL at 14 and 14.5 for a small loss. Who cares? A: It’s capital protection. And B, it allowed capital deployment to top-up my main holding in Neuren just before today’s big leg up.

So rather than just holding and hoping with SPL, my money just made another 25% today. It’s not rocket science. Sometimes it’s shrewd decision making, sometimes it’s plain luck, but you should follow your instincts.

Just don’t fall in love with any stock, and never take as gospel any price-predictions by randoms on Hotcopper that are looking to protect their own investment.

* A prediction of a 400% increase in the share price of SPL in less than 2 weeks being a case in point.

GLTAH

P.S. Look around, there’s hundreds of other biotechs to research and invest in or trade.

P.S.S. You did ask @newB, so this was my response. Hope it helps.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5828/5828323-4050910845f381345ceca0c4ea573d57.jpg
    Last edited by sarge17: 18/12/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.