BIT 2.70% 3.8¢ biotron limited

Its more complex than that.Its based on a protein structure on...

1. 143 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Its more complex than that.

Its based on a protein structure on the cell surface. The virus needs this to dock onto the cell and then get into the cell. Majority (vast majority) of people have two copies of this gene and so the virus gets in. In some people they only have one gene - the virus still gets in but does not have the same nasty affect on the patient. On some people there is a complete lack of this gene, meaning they do not have the protein. As a result the virus cannot infect the cells.

Think of it like a lock and key (lock - this protein and the key = virus. Once the virus opens the lock it gets into the cell).

There is a case about 10 years ago where a HIV patient underwent a stem cell transplant from a donor that just happened to be a good match and lacked this gene (or protein). The patient now has undetectable virus.

This is not new. And is not going to affect BIT with their product. You still have to kill or significantly reduce the virus before going down the transplant road.

Having said all of that, there is talk of genetically modifying your own cells to knock out this protein then re-infuse those treated/modified cells back into the person (autologous transplant). But from memory this is still pie in the sky stuff.

Looks like pill swollowing is going to be around for a little/lot longer.

If I can find the original paper I will attach it. I know its somewhere in my computer.

MY

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.8¢
Change
0.001(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $34.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.7¢ 4.0¢ 3.7¢ $68.85K 1.794M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 150000 3.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.0¢ 349950 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.