HLF 0.00% 0.7¢ halo food co. limited

Fair point. HLF has grown from $2m turnover in 2018 to $85m...

1. 3,387 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4561
    Fair point. HLF has grown from $2m turnover in 2018 to $85m turnover on pro-forma numbers today (Halo + The Healthy Mummy). Of that growth, $55m ($25m from THM & $30m from Omniblend) has been achieved via inorganic means (acquisitions) and $28m has been achieved via organic growth. The THM acquisition certainly caught me (and everyone else by surprise) and up to that point, there was a good balance of 50/50 inorganic and organic growth.

As to the point around profitability, yes, I look for stocks that are either profitable or are approaching a breakeven point in profitability, of which HLF has been in the latter category and is now in the former category (post-acquisition). Experiences like these (deep value or value) stocks remind me that although I have had success with this type of style before, it is also the toughest type of investing style to get right. I'm certainly becoming more inclined to invest in higher quality even if it means paying up a premium. It also hits home the challenges of investing in a downtrend; cheap can always get cheaper.

Good luck with your Halo investment: it is a shame that your posts have to fixate on individuals (whether it be Triple Top or myself) instead of discussing the stock (which is what the forum is designed for). The forum is designed to share views. Everyone is entitled to a view. Not all views will be correct, and certainly won't be in the short term. Everyone is responsible for their own actions. That's called investing: there's a bull and a bear at every price.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." — Eleanor Roosevelt.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HLF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.