HLX 0.00% 0.3¢ helix resources limited

HLX - the next 5 bagger cobalt/nickel play?, page-487

1. 536 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1400
    Agreed, @Banker.  

It's a pity we have to have this conversation.  Any thoughtful plan for working outdoors must have a weather contingency that has regard to the time of the year.  That's just basic.  In this case there was a long look ahead, spanning from mid-winter until well into summer.  Weather happens - and is always at risk of being variable and changing.  Imagine saying, for example, that a program ran late because of public holidays or staff leave etc.?  Plans should consider all reasonably forseaable events, and then some.

Underlying my post is the point that management, as the name implies, manage the business - on behalf of the owners, a.k.a. the shareholders.  The Board of Directors direct the management, and in the case of executive directors, are involved in management, too.  It is a fundamental shareholder right that managers must treat their shareholders like adults and must explain key events clearly and in good time.  A JORC statement is such an event.  Ironically, during the period in question shareholders were asked to - and did - vote in favour of incentive options for Helix management at the AGM.  

Helix must take whatever time is necessary to calculate an interim resource number.  The job has to be done properly.  If it can't be done within an expected timeframe - whatever that is - shareholders must be informed, in good time.  Timely and clear disclosure is essential for building confidence.  I'm sure that, the 2018 Board appointees (Tim Kennedy and Peter Lester) expected no less when they took on their (non-executive) director roles, as they are very well-regarded industry professionals.  

C'mon Helix - with so many good qualities, let's pick the low hanging fruit - starting right now - so we can all make a quid here!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.792M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $44.08K 14.69M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
88 193899197 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 36892268 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.12am 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.