HML 0.00% $1.99 henry morgan limited

HML ex-cosec found to have given false information to ASIC

1. 516 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 572
    Ms Mary-Anne Greaves, (a former company secretary of Henry Morgan Limited) was sentenced by Brisbane Magistrate's Court after pleading guilty to giving false information to ASIC in 2015.

Working on the logic that ASIC takes roughly four years to catch up with people who provide them false information, somebody that provided ASIC with false information in say 2016-2017 can expect to have ASIC hold them to account in 2020-2021.

https://asic.gov.au/about-asic/news-centre/find-a-media-release/2019-releases/19-141mr-queensland-lawyer-found-to-have-given-false-or-misleading-information-to-asic/

But here is the kicker:
    Ms Greaves was discharged without proceeding to conviction upon giving security in the sum of $5,000 conditional that she be of good behaviour for a period of two years.

If I understand that correctly, Ms Greaves hands over $5,000 and if she goes for 2 years without doing anything illegal she gets it back - simple as that. That doesn't even equate to a slap on the wrist!!

I'm not familiar with the G8 Education scandal or Ms Greaves part in it, but I think that any person that provides false or misleading information to ASIC should cop a harsher penalty than this.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HML (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.