MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

hmmm is not what you know but who

1. 2,019 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 208
    The following is from the Sydney Morning Herald

INVESTORS in West Australian energy aspirant MEO Australia must be hoping for another ''speeding ticket'' from the ASX, given how well the shares have performed since the last one in mid-March.

Meo began March as a 20¢ stock and had hit 27¢ before the ASX's chase car pulled the company over for questioning.

Chairman Jurgen Hendrich pointed out that the company had been on a roadshow in Britain and maybe that had been the stimulus.

Since then, the shares and volume have continued to run, hitting an intraday peak of 35¢ yesterday and leaving some a little miffed they are late to a party that has virtually doubled Meo's market worth to $180 million.

Then again, one of the keener buyers has been north-western Australia pub owner Terry Leo, and business partner of Perth property developer and former Mirvac executive Adrian Fini, who emerged as a substantial shareholder the day before the ASX's intervention, and by last week had increased his holding to 6 per cent.

So I ask myself, who is Adrian Fini (Italian heritage?)and how does someone in the property sector just happen to jag a huge holding in MEO prior to the shares running?

A little digging led me to the art gallery of WA where Fini is on the board. Now I could be drawing a long bow here but I reckon a little sleuthing may find some ENI types involved with the gallery.

In any case there are some very worthwhile tidbits of info in the ENI magazine that get my overactive mind more than hyperactive. Have a read see what you think or do I need to up my medication?

http://issuu.com/swishdesign/docs/eni-downunder-edition1

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.