Opaline -The generalisations in each of the six lines of "fact"...

1. 8,527 Posts.
    Opaline -

The generalisations in each of the six lines of "fact" in your post 211234 concerning the current Burnside furore are breathtaking!

Burnside was interviewed by Steve Price on 1377 MTR this am and was tied in knots.

He claimed "new to Twitter" as an excuse - yet he's used it for a year. He claimed thinking a Tweet coing in from some woman in the UK who "knew nothing whatever about anyone called Tony Abbott" was an unrelated TEXT - when it was a Tweet, and Price named the woman. This Tweet contained the pedos in speedos slur, and went up on Twitter in with the rest of the garbage - all second-hand re-gurgitation of spite and slur inspired by the "biography" of hatred of Abbott just published. (The author had never interviwed Abbott - some Biogrpahy!)

The "apology" Brunside made for this "sordid little piece of ephermera is going", as you put it, was wishy washy, convuluted, and unconvincing in it's explanation of his "why's" and supposed ignorance in the finer points of using Twitter.

(If I was a high fee paying client of Julian's I would be asking why he's got the time to bother with Twitter at all - or why he finds it "useful", or at all "interesting.")

But then Julian, like others, is a great one for "image".
    Urbane, charming, and accessible, yes.

But, and I have said this elsewhere, I know of a cry for help from two whistleblowers trying to protect their community, which they eventually brought to the Burnside attention. For whatever reason, they received no support.

It is my experience from life that there are many who love the cut and thrust and the big headlines - as with many politicians, for instance, but many such highly public figures have no spare time for the issues of the "little guy".

I note Tony Abbott has maintained a dignified silence. His wife and three daughters must be irate, but, as usual, very supportive.

as usual - Bolt gets the chop from Burnside's area of the Courts - at present notoriously left-wing in their attitudes. But Burnside wriggles his ay out of this, and tried to come out the innocent ill-judged. Typical of our Leftist friends! What's good for THEIR goose is never good for THEIR gander!

To conclude, I would say "pull the other one, Julian,"

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.