HMX 5.41% 3.5¢ hammer metals limited

I see a 20% move up today and a nice uptick in volume. It seems...

1. 4,153 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1350
    I see a 20% move up today and a nice uptick in volume. It seems to me we could slowly leave the 6 cents behind and work our way towards 10 cents in Carnaby's slipstream.

Geofiji wrote this in the Carnaby thread:

"The most important outcome from this announcement is the belief that Carnaby (CNB) has cracked the code to find these IOCG systems in the region. If CNB have a better predictive model and exploration method than previous explorers that increases the chances of finding these deposits. There are no shortage of old copper workings, good historical drill results and IOCG alteration in the region of CNB and HMX ground. Having a better method of locating the prize in these situations will be thing that transforms Carnaby into a major mining company".

I don't see why the top geologists team at Hammer shouldn't be able to make similar discoveries and as I have written a few times: If the old miners managed to get grades of apparently 10, 20 or even more percent out of the ground without much help, there is still plenty to find.

I also maintain my view that similar results would move HMX towards 200-300m market cap. If only because of the higher profile (names) of the names involved (Ziggy, Russel). This would result in a higher visibility in the market.What is missing is the initial spark - just like with Carnaby - in the form of one or two "discoveries". After that, it just goes "bummmmm".

It's quite clear to me that the discoveries at Carnaby are certainly a big topic at HMX as well and the guys at HMX don't want to be in Carnaby's shadow. So I expect action in the coming weeks and months - and discoveries - although the latter will always require a pinch of luck - there is no guarantee.

Either way - and even if some here might think I'm too optimistic (I call myself a realistic optimist) - I'm mentally preparing myself for a 10 cent move upwards.

This could become more and more of a success story for this region. Who knows maybe in 2 years Hammer and Carnaby are working together......that could at the end develop to a really huuuge story here.

DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HMX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.5¢
Change
-0.002(5.41%)
Mkt cap ! $31.02M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.7¢ 3.7¢ 3.4¢ $25.28K 715.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 3.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.9¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.50am 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HMX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.