XJO 0.39% 8,013.4 s&p/asx 200

ho hmu its wednesday, page-43

1. 9,450 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5243
    Bit late tonight. I went to a performance of King Lear. My favourite quote from the play: "Nothing will come of nothing". Well - nothing much happened on the market today. Of course - the ironies built into that quote are endless. So we'll wait for an interesting outcome.

In Australia:

Twenty Leaders -0.0%
    50 Leaders -0.1%
    XJO -0.1%
    Small Ordinaries -0.5%
    Financials -0.1%
    Materials -0.5%
    Consumer Staples +0.3%

Comment: A narrow range day on volume a little up on average (about 105% of the 20-Day Average). The sector structure is typical of a turn time – weak Small Ords compared to the 50 Leaders, weak Materials compared to Consumer Staples. All put together – the probabilities are to the downside.

Technical Comment on the ASX200:
    The XJO finished at 4262.8. Resistance at 4437.4 (in the heavens). Support at 4245.9.
    Indicators:
    Stochastic: 91.7. Overbought.
    RSI: 69.9. Close enough to the overbought level of 70.
    MACD Histogram. Above zero. Positive but losing momentum.
    MACD: Above zero. Positive.
    CCI: +173.2. Very overbought.

The medium term trend is up. The short term trend is up.

The 10-Day EMA is a above the 20-Day EMA. Positive.

The market took a step back today – not surprisingly. At this stage it is still consolidation. A big down day would give a three day reversal pattern. But we might get more consolidation – or, improbably, a big day up. If that happened I think we could be sure that would be the last for a few days.

At this stage, I’m favouring a short term pull back.

Friday in America is the Jobs Report. We may not get much action until then.

Redbacka

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.