GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

rowingboat Not able to be here often as I am out working. Thanks...

1. 1,137 Posts.
    rowingboat

Not able to be here often as I am out working. Thanks for your post and as you would see in my earlier posts I don't disagree with you at all.

Rather than the unfortunate amount of arguments, when I posted the title it was intended as a very generalised discussion platform and I'm sure that we can all name many juniors and larger miners like NCM whose SP's have made massive profit.

Gold always has been through most of our confirmed past a highly sought after asset. Man has been hungry with insatiable greed for gold and it was formerly the support for many currencies.

Too many here are comparing actual chart movement and saying over a long period ie; years that many stocks haven't made profit..........then let's take a look at many other stocks........ELD, FGM even RIO and BHP if you bought and held a couple of years ago you'd probably be broke now. But if we review many over the past ten years your profit would've blown gold out of the water eg; FMG from a few cents EXT and AOE and the list goes on and on.

If we are on these forums and we are not just sitting on a parcel and going broke like many invested in super funds have, we would be doing our due diligence and trading out when all the signals say so and we would do the same to buy back in whether we are short or long term holders.........The signals and indicators are the same.

So if you hold gold and you reckon the SP is going to drop rather than arguing it's simple......SELL!

If your holding a junior or any miner and you've done your due research and they're cashed up with orders in place and production and new highly prospective tenaments in play then buy and hold because even at $600 an ounce gold was a bloody good thing to hold.

It is in demand buy China and other countries as a stronghold as it has been throughout time. Our hunger for money and riches will not ceased in our lifetime that's for sure. Many juniors have become major players.

As I've said previously it takes a lot of time and effort and if you believe that you can just park your funds and forget it then in the world market today you are IMHO a gambler not an investor.

Ten or fifteen years ago most of us wouldn't have even heard about these forums and many investments were a sure thing.........Look at housing and the 10 year rule.........If you put all your money into real estate in the USA and parts of the UK you may well be bankrupt now.

Times have changed and so have investment strategies.

I for one don't believe whether on juniors, large miners or on GOLD bullion now, that you can just invest and forget.

You need to research and work hard.

GL IMHO DYOR....I hold gold stocks but not GOLD

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.