Interest rates are starting to rise in USA and so will...

1. MAP
    809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 41
    Interest rates are starting to rise in USA and so will eventually start to rise here. (already started)
    USA is actually in fairly good shape, they took their medicine in 2008, Australia just kept on borrowing money to put into property.
    Interest rates have been falling for 30 years.
    China has stopped Chinese money leaving the country.
    Vancouver home price are now falling, same for Auckland (two other Chinese money destinations)

I think the biggest issue in Australia is that the Federal Govt (Labour and Liberal) has had the back of Sydney and Australian property prices.
    Unfortunately they have created a monster that is so out of touch with fundamentals, I hope that it doesn’t end too badly.

I remember talking to a couple in Beverley Hills, Sydney a few years ago.
    They said that all their friends were borrowing interest only to buy their principal place of residence (so they could get a bigger loan) and they were wondering if they were doing the right thing with a P&I loan.
    If everyone else is doing it, it must be ok? ha ha

I cannot believe how young people are sleep walking about house prices. They may not be buying, but they should be starting a revolution and protesting in the streets. They have been let down by all political parties since John Howard opened the floodgates for immigration. There has been no plan on how handle the extra people. At the very least there should have been a plan to develop regional Australia. It makes my blood boil.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.