WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

hold or sell

1. 10,471 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2079
    As many of us long term holders would still only have held our obj shares for less than 12 months and would be sitting on a big capital gain what do we do next?
    If we wer to sell some or all of our holdings before we have held for 12 months we will be up for a lot of tax.
    If we hold on to our shares for 12 months we will only have to pay %50 of the capital gain tax rate saveing us a lot of money.
    The amount of tax you pay will depend upon your total income for the finacial year and it may be a good idear to contact the ato or your accountant to get advice on what you would be up for in tax if you sell soon or when you have held for 12 months.
    Here is a example of what I had to pay on the sale of a property.
    I had held this property for over 12 months and I had no income for that financial year nor did my wife as the property was in both our names.
    I made 40k in share trading and 270k on the property so the only tax to pay was capital gains tax and it worked out to be about %18 tax.
    Now if I had sold that property before holding on for 12 months I would have had to pay %36 tax and if I had worked for wages the total tax on my total income would have been about %42 tax.
    Now the point of all this is if we sell soon it is going to cost us a lot of money in tax and if we hold for longer much less in tax.
    Now will the sp be higher or lower in about 12 months.
    Well I think higher so Im going to hold at least %70 of my holdings to save on tax and gain value in my holdings.
    As always dyor

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.