UNS 0.00% 0.5¢ unilife corporation

Hold the fort, page-37

1. 2,318 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 269
    So TDA , are you trying to convince us that just cause your Uncle , Keith ; heralded the Flextronics deal in advance ; and now he tells us that management has demonstrated the new Lisa Bluetooth to him , he may just be correct on the Praluent ( Alirocumab ) deal that he waxed on about last Oct .
    Na , surely they were just flukes . Next you will be suggesting that we also have Sarilumab ; and Dupilumab in line !!  LOL
    I can't see how you could be right mate . When I try to crunch those figures  in my calculator I just get the answer E .
    Pinch me !
    Q

"In our discussions with Unilife’s management, we learned that patients in the alirocumab clinical trials preferred the
    wearable injectors to the alternatives, prefilled syringes and autoinjectors, by a substantial margin. That’s not a
    surprise, given the convenience of the wearable injectors that require only monthly dosing. The breakdown by
    device utilization will determine how valuable alirocumab will be to Unilife, since the wearable injectors will carry
    a price of $25 at peak volume, versus prices of about $1.00 and $7.00 for the prefilled syringes and disposable
    autoinjectors, respectively.

We’ve estimated the value of alirocumab to Unilife as follows: Patient preference for the wearable injectors over the
    alternative devices is split 65:35, and 50% of the hypercholesterolemia patient population is treated with a PCSK9
    monoclonal antibody therapy, with Sanofi and Amgen each garnering a 40% share. (We’re assuming that Pfizer
    captures the remaining 20% of the treated patientsUnilfe .) Under these assumptions, Unilife would need to supply
    32.8 million wearable injectors (12 x 2.73 million patients) per annum at peak market penetration and 35.3 million
    prefilled syringes/autoinjectors (24 x 1.47 million patients). Those figures translate into wearable injector sales of
    $820 million annually and prefilled syringe/autoinjector sales of $140 million (assuming a 50:50 split between
    prefilled syringes and autoinjectors). Thus, we figure alirocumab may generate roughly $1 billion of annual b usiness
    for Unilife." UNCLE KEITH Oct 2014

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.