SMN 5.26% 40.0¢ structural monitoring systems plc

Hold those shares...

1. 289 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    Hello SMNers
    surely its time for a new thread... yesterdays price action v interesting and maybe the pushdown before the next wave up.

These things take an EXTRAORDINARY amount of time and we all need patience.

quoting from aviation week in 2014

For crack detection, Delta TechOps installed three CVM sensors on the center wing box front spar shear fittings, at Body Station (STA) 540, on 10 of Delta Air LinesBoeing 737-700s in February and March. The 737-700 was selected because the center wing box is prone to high stress levels and, according to Piotrowski, “had known cracking issues,” as indicated by a Boeing service bulletin.

This was the programme that resulted in the FAA/Boeing  approval. However i remain cautious that this is merely an AMOC  -  the big question is what income stream this will provide - no-one on these threads has any real definitive info on this - purely speculation.

Also of interest https://federalregister.gov/a/2016-07024

an AD for 747 - also in respect of crack detection becomes a final rule on the 5th May, and I note the amount of red tape (no pun intended) that it takes to get any change  in this industry.

Hopefully behind the scenes CVM is being lined up as an AMOC to this Airworthiness Directive (AD) as well.

This underlying shift to NDT - non destructive testing may include CVM - and yes the IP value is $$M.

So be patient SMNers this first mover advantage is going to reap rewards. It is the announcment of a deal that we await.

I also urge fellow holders to realise that the apache helicopters and sikorsky programmes will be equally slow and that testing takes time (i did post some time back that the initial - time frame for the apache was 8 weeks - note the word  "initial")

So DYOR, and make your mind up - but stay long. (trying like mad to keep hold of my 6 figure share stack)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
40.0¢
Change
0.020(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $54.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
39.0¢ 40.0¢ 38.5¢ $86.35K 219.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 60000 38.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
40.0¢ 2559 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.