PGH 2.61% 74.5¢ pact group holdings ltd

Great summary as well, richardwth. Personally, if the offer...

1. 52 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 194

Great summary, borg81.

I agree and touched on this in a previous post: https://hotcopper.com.au/posts/71694260/single

On a side note regarding unethical actions that arguably breached applicable regulations, back in mid-December, following the variation of the offer price, representatives acting on behalf of RG called and texted my elderly mother, encouraging her (me) to accept the offer. All of my shares are under my personal account and nominee accounts where I am the only registered holder.

I had previously opted out of communications through the appropriate email link, yet they called her directly on her mobile, which, I should note, is also on the Do Not Call Register. I happened to be visiting her for the holiday period, and since she thought it must have been an urgent call, she requested that they call back to speak with me.

When RG’s representatives called her back, I questioned how they received her number. They initially stated that the number was registered with the Share Registry, which I informed them is most certainly not the case. They subsequently admitted that they also use "third-party" services to try to obtain shareholder contact details.

During my call with RG’s representative, I clearly informed him that it was my mother’s phone number, and he assured me they would remove it from their list. However, I spoke to her on Friday, and she informed me that she continues to receive regular texts from RG encouraging her to sell (my holdings).

The Share Registry that RG has access to includes the name and typically the registered address and email for all holders. For nominee accounts, he usually won’t be able to identify who the holder is. The mailing address for the Chess sponsored holdings in my name is a family address.

Clearly, RG has used third-party services to identify contact numbers for people living at my mailing address, even though the person(s) being contacted have absolutely no exposure to Pact. I share the same surname as my mother but have a completely different given name. She has no direct share holdings or brokerage accounts. She regularly uses the internet for online shopping and other services, so I suspect her contact details have been sold to the third-party providers that RG is accessing. My mother reconfirmed that she is indeed on the Do Not Call Register, yet she continues to receive the unsolicited communications.

The unethical actions by RG and his team have no bearing on my investment decision, but it is one of the motives for posting on this forum. It is disappointing that further action isn’t taken by regulatory bodies to support minority holders who may be less aware of their rights and are effectively being harassed to sell their shares, thus diminishing their exposure to future returns.

Great summary as well, richardwth. Personally, if the offer expires, then the share price retreating is of minimal concern to me and as Giz mentioned, it may be viewed as an opportunity. However, it is still a valid consideration, which is indeed being used as a scare tactic. I also agree that the directors have not been acting in the best interest of minority holders.

What you have outlined is aligned with my thoughts. There are of course numerous other possibilities that may benefit remaining shareholders. For instance, Visy (or a separate JV partner) could offer a higher price through negotiation with RG. Visy has been increasing their exposure to the circular economy and has been vocal about doing so. I’m not sure how an offer by Visy or a new JV partner would be viewed by the relevant regulatory bodies. Visy is not listed as a related party in the Pact Annual Report, but they are listed as a related party in the Pro-Pac Packaging (PPG) annual report.

A new offer in partnership (directly or otherwise) with RG is a very low probability. I just wanted to highlight that there are other options that remain open to RG. A new offer should only benefit remaining holders and not those that have already accepted.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PGH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
74.5¢
Change
-0.020(2.61%)
Mkt cap ! $256.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
76.5¢ 76.5¢ 74.0¢ $25.95K 34.16K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9791 74.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
75.0¢ 654 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.45pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PGH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.