PGH 2.56% 76.0¢ pact group holdings ltd

I received a Kin Group letter today, with acceptance form...

1. 12 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    I received a Kin Group letter today, with acceptance form thoughtfully attached. It was undated.
    In it they state that they have “listened to the feedback of Pact shareholders”, to reduce the payment terms to 5 business days. Hands up all those who contacted Kin Group with this request.
    They say that 2,700 shareholders have accepted the offer. Needless to say they dare not reveal how many have not.
    They say that Kin Group is progressing well in achieving 90% acceptance. Actually, the market evidence is to the contrary. I think it would be more accurate to say that the takeover bid has stalled.
    Shareholders are told, I hate to think how many times already, that if the 90% threshold is reached, compulsory acquisition will commence. There is no statement about what happens if 90% is not reached, something that has now become a distinct passibility.
    They state that “the price under offer has been declared final and therefore it cannot be increased. There is no comment about what could happen when/if the offer expires.
    They state that the “share price may fall below $0.84 per share”. That is true, but they fail to mention that the price may rise. If remaining shareholders refuse to sell or surrender their shares for 84 cents but demand a much higher price, then the laws of supply and demand come into play. Once again, hands up all those who are holding out to sell their shares at less than 84 cents.
    There is plenty of detail about the share price since September 2023. There are no figures detailing the steady fall since, with much fanfare, the Pact Group went public.
    However, the letter does contain one thing; a note of resigned desperation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PGH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.