Hey acorn,Good questions. I don' have a number in mind mate. I...

1. 1,007 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 46
    Hey acorn,

Good questions. I don' have a number in mind mate. I don't know, say 5000 per annum (the Flu takes approx 2500 pa), more/less, but I don't think numbers is the main issue. I know that sounds heartless...but mate, we ALL die. Remember, you and I (our kids, parents, friends) have a 100% chance of dying. Until we truly grasp that reality, fear will be the controlling factor in our decision making and planning for this. Will people die if we open up our country...YES, of course. Will people die if we stay in lockdown after lockdown after lockdown...YES, of course.

What I'm banging on about is simple: WHAT IS THE PLAN if we open our borders? That's the only real question that our leaders needs to be tackling. Yes, they should be mitigating too, as they are. But they are not answering the forward looking questions. They are only managing...not leading!

We can not STOP Covid. It's here to stay like the seasonal Flu is here to stay. We just need to get a grip and come to terms with this fact. Stop pretending we have the ability or power to eliminate it. We all need to finally grow up and realise that our mortality is a real thing! And it is close.

Vaccines? That would be nice, but we can't hold our breath in lockdown. It may never come! Let's hope and pray that one does. But we can't stay in perpetual lockdown!

Which way do we go? Sweden or Trump?

Sweden I think. A controlled opening of our state borders and country. Let's put in as much mitigating controls that we can at airports and ports. Let's have heat signature screening and testing. Let's have 2-3 week isolation for those who prove positive. Let's do all that...sure! BUT, let's get on with life and open our country.

We have trained medical staff and plenty of hospital beds and equipment ready for the inevitable influx of patients. This is something we are just going to have to go through. It is require courageous LEADERSHIP as it will not be plain sailing and people will get sick and some will die. It's like going to WAR. We need real Leadership now.

BTW...Trump is only the President. He is unable to impose a national response upon states. So, it's been a s**t show in the USA. Not Trumps fault exclusively IMHO.

Last edited by Browndog12: 12/07/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.