AJX 0.00% 1.2¢ alexium international group limited

Holding cash.

1. 83,695 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    Afternoon all,

as it can be reasonably expected for AJX in the next several years to be a large free cash generator - we already have ideas from people saying that dividends are good whilst others say that paying dividends is a bad idea.

Of course - it completely depends on whether you have a low asset company or not and high or low margin.

That said - a lot of institutions believe in a broad brush  - paying dividends is bad.

Well - here is that stupidity taken to extreme lengths  -

http://gawker.com/companies-are-stashing-so-much-god-damn-cash-overseas-1777847561

My take on it is that some of those (possibly all of those) companies in the article should share out a lot of that spare cash to their shareholders - the owners of the companies.

To me - it is complete foolishness to store such large amounts of cash ------ absolute foolishness.

IMO - when you have so much cash all you can do is to squirrel it away hiding - it is well past time when you should be returning it to your investors.

Remember that mass of cash that BHP had years ago - well, now the value for shareholders has been devestated - whilst before this - shareholders could have reaped far more benefit from larger payouts which have now just been peed up against a wall.

Lets not do that with Alexium

have a great weekend all

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $18.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 334317 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 100000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AJX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.