HMX 12.5% 4.5¢ hammer metals limited

Holding the faith, page-2

1. 4,105 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1324
    Well, it seems we don't have much choice but to "keep the faith". Selling would still be an option - if we wanted to say goodbye to this story.

Well, new week, new luck - although I'm not expecting anything exciting this week.

Let's take another quick look at the possible news pipeline. I assume that the Mt. Isa east JV drilling has now been completed. Maybe the samples are already in the lab - but I don't think we'll get any results before mid-February.

We can expect the quarterly activities report in early February (published last year on January 31). Perhaps there will be something new between the lines - but I rather suspect that everything that will be in it is already known.

Then we might be updated on the start of the Mt. Isa drilling program (Lady Jenny, Hardway, South Hope and Mascotte) and the Yandal RC drilling program & project. I think the drilling itself will hardly start before March (my guess). This means that results from this side are not expected before April. Does anyone see it differently?

In the meantime, I'd rather they were looking for gold instead of lithium. While until recently white gold (lithium) was the measure of all things, new discoveries now seem to indicate that the supply side could increase significantly in the next few years. The largest lithium deposit is in Bolivia, where 21 million tons of the raw material can be found in the salt desert - closely followed by Argentina with 20 million and Chile with 11 million. Recently another 40m tons were discovered in the USA and just a few days ago another 15m tons in Thailand. Lithium is not rare. The same goes for silicon - but computer chips are not cheap nevertheless.

I think the music for HMX is in copper. Possibly gold (I think the gold price will continue to rise and reach USD/oz 3000 in a 5 year view). There is a decision to be made on the directioh of the copper price. A matter of weeks - maximum 3-6 months. I think the reaction will be rather violent and quick. A re-rating of many explorers will be the result and changed key data will certainly also increase M & A activity.

A game changer (besides a possible important discovery) would be a collaboration with one or more other explorers. Government support in connection with the critical materials initiative in Australia (I'm thinking of Kalman) would certainly also revitalize the SP and open some doors in terms of consolidation plans around Mt Isa.

So - to summarize: the SP remains depressed and I don't think that will change any time soon - at least not in the next few weeks. However, I think we have found a bottom - probably around 4 cents. I'm thinking of buying - but I understand anyone who doesn't want to invest any more money here.

I wish everyone a good week.DYOR & keep the faith....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HMX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.5¢
Change
0.005(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $39.88M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.0¢ 4.5¢ 4.0¢ $49.65K 1.168M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 103800 4.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.5¢ 42300 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.4¢
  Change
0.005 ( 12.8 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.0¢ 4.4¢ 4.0¢ 290994
Last updated 15.55pm 21/05/2024 ?
HMX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.