Since 1994, I have gone to Bali with family or friends and...

1. 722 Posts.
    Since 1994, I have gone to Bali with family or friends and always had a fantastic time.

While often residing in Kuta, in the likes of Bali Dynasty, a 4 star hotel, I have also explored the whole of the island, hiring a 4-wheel-drive.

Central Bali has the arty Ubud and surrounds which is full of a range of 'genuine' and not so art and antiques. You can rent a mini mansion for a pittance and easily walk around the village, not receiving the sellers of Kuta. A range of restaurants, sights, galleries and entertainment is available.

In Northern Bali, the coast is exquisite. There is one particular restaurant that looks right out onto the sea. It is never full and always well serviced. It is a delightful experience.

To the East, you can explore the volcano and its views, or travel further to the relgious tributes. One year, we happened to visit during a ceremony. The locals went out of their way to explain what was happening. They were gracious. The women looked beautiful. A totally lovely experience. It did not cost anything other than the petrol.

To the extreme west coast, you will find the port to Java. It is a have of activity. Cargo, vehicals and people fill and unfill the extremely suspect, old ships. A sight to behold.

Travelling around the island you will find the most lush scenery and enjoy watching the activities of the locals.

Always a fantastic experience.

Bali like any experience is what you make of it.

zeek

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.