To me this whole universe is nothing but consciousness. I think...

1. 45 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    To me this whole universe is nothing but consciousness. I think consciousness is the last and greatest frontier, that man must begin to understand if we want to understand this universe. Like water, that takes many forms, ice, vapor and liquid, consciousness or the energy of existence itself, manifests in an infinite variety of ways. I think of the brain as being like a TV. The TV signal, like consciousness, is always present, but a device like a TV and a brain to bring the signal into the particular. Change the channel on the TV and you get a particular part of the signal, have a particular brain construct from a specific set of genetics and environmental influences and one gets experience shaped by that construct.

However, consciousness itself is unaffected by the particular. Like space that makes up the sky is unaffected by the weather that passes through it, pure aware consciousness simply is, no matter what is happening within it. In my experience, consciousness itself is primarily composed of the experience of love. It is unconditionally accepting, and love keeps consciousness whole, spacious and free, whereas hatred creates experiences of compartmentalization, confinement and enslavement.

You mention that there's no "absolute" truth. If there are no absolutes, then that statement in and of itself can't be absolute and true either, right? I can't logically say, it's absolutely true that there are no absolutes. I get the intended meaning though, and I fully appreciate the powerful implications and open mindedness it can create. I will say however, that it is possible to experience absoluteness itself. The great teachers of unity consciousness have pointed to this reality for thousands of years. I am that I am, is pointing to not only the shortest complete sentence in the English language (I am), but to the simplest and purest I am experience. Not I am this or I am that, or I am eternal, or I am love or anything beyond the immediacy of the I am experience. In fact the "I" disappears, and there is just "am" or pure boundary-less consciousness. I am not speaking metaphorically or speaking about any religious ideas, just the literal reality of what is before any ideas appear in consciousness. In this reality, there are no questions of absoluteness or relativity, there is just the totality of what is. And the good news is that, like the quality of water is to be wet, the quality of pure consciousness is love.

I think science will one day find a deep and intimate connection between the unknown dark matter that makes up most of this universe, and consciousness itself. Perhaps dark matter is what consciousness is? I certainly don't know, but I think consciousness is much, much bigger than any glob of grey matter hanging out in a skull.

All of this just my opinion of course

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.