Holy Ghost, page-576

1. 23,837 Posts.
    ''I said with all my statements, "To me" and "I believe" I did not state these things as facts, just my interpretation of the facts as we know them so far.''

I know, that is what you said. Of course, nobody else can interpret information on your behalf. That is what we all do, and the reason why we are here, engaged in this discussion.

''I would argue that the evidence to support the proposition that consciousness is brain generated, is far from "overwhelming."

That consciousness is brain generated is quite testable; small changes in brain chemistry can radically alter the cognitive process and, consequently, conscious experience of the world, visual and auditory hallucinations, a breakdown in ration thought, etc, all in way that are specific to the alteration to the brain, be it chemical or structural.

1 - Objects and events exist in the external [macro] world.
    2 - Information (light, pressure waves, airborne molecules, etc) related to objects and events in the external world engage with neural mechanisms via the senses.
    3 - Images of objects and events based on information related to the external world are formed through neural activity.
    4 - Internally generated images of objects and events formed by neural activity from information gathered by the senses are mental representations of actual objects and events in the external world .
    5 - Consciousness, perception, thought, deliberation, etc, is subjectively experienced as a flow of mental representations of the external world (sensory perception, thought and deliberation)

''Are you familiar with the work of David Chalmers?''

David Chalmers is a philosopher. ''Some philosophers such as David Chalmers think the mere imaginability of p-zombies (qualia, dualism, etc) disproves materialism, as the result of an armchair argument. '' http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Qualia

''I also recommend a good read called the "Quantum Enigma" which outlines nicely the fact that for many in the field, the Copenhagen interpretation is the not "accepted" version of things. If we allow ourselves to even begin to think of consciousness as having a non-material beginning we can begin to reconcile the "quantum/classic divide" you mention.''

I should have said ''generally accepted'' - there are, of course, other viable models relating to wave function.

But the term 'non material' cannot apply to wave function because this is a material process. The term 'non material' has no actual references. What is 'non material' How does this 'non material' interact with the obviously material structures and activity of a brain. Non material is not a solution to the problem of how the brain represents information in conscious form.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.