home brewing.

1. 5,631 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179
    Just re-started home brewing after couple of decades away from it, wondering if any other's here test their skills on this subject.

Firstly I must say that the whole process has changed quite dramatically over the years.
    It is now not necessary to use a "closed" system, eg, Air lock.

It is now recommended that the use of "tally's", glass bottles be replaced for plactic bottles. Priming your bottles is now recommended to use "carbonation drops" rather than sugar.
    During the period since xmas (guess what santa left me) I have managed to make several brews. The first, which came with my kit, was a Coopers Lager, and the Coopers people give you a CD with the kit to get you started.
    Essentially it as easy as 1,2,3. and by my first effort, you'd have to think there are right. (but it can go wrong from here)
    My first batch was as easy as pie, the beer I produced, is not the worst beer I ever tasted, (worst beer, think most CUB and Toohey's) so you'd think I was ahead of the curve. Probabaly needs a little more carbonation, but drinkable none the less.

At this point I'll see what type of interest we have between this community, as there's plenty to elaborate on already, and by the discussion I have with a few other brewers, there's plenty enough discussion to warrant a dedicated thread on the topic.

Cheers

Zippo.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.