home brewing., page-7

1. 5,657 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179
    the dark beers (dunkle) have been my favorites for many decades, nothing like being in Prague in basement cellars drinking beautiful dark ales where the smokey taste is matched only by the smokey atmosphere.
    Unfortunately my Bock looks like a dud. Plenty of great taste but complete lack of fizz.
    Live and learn.
    I have an ESB nut brown Ale ready next Saturday and if that has potential, my bock will probably go down the drain.
    Interestingly many of my brewing friend believe coopers are the easist non fuss good drinking beer kit around.

Many people I talk to don't like the CD's because of the inconsistant size of them, and believe a measured dose of refined white sugar best. I'm fence sitting atm

I have a coopers pale ale in the bin at the mo, and if its anything like the first coopers I did,I may simplify things for a while.
    After the coopers , I am changing to a closed system ( air lock) with a Dublin Stout, ( lived in London for five years drank only Guiness and my other two friends were Benson and Hedges)alway good to have a chunky stout for the colder months.

Watch this space,

z

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.