LYC 0.33% $6.07 lynas rare earths limited

I will be backing Amanda Lacaze to deliver proof of compliance...

1. 1,691 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 626
    I will be backing Amanda Lacaze to deliver proof of compliance and safe operation against anything Fuzzy can throw at Lynas. Amanda has so far proven to be one very smart CEO and certainly understands the importance of a safe working environment and an environment which is safe for neighbours and members of the local community.
    I have personally visited the LAMP and was one of a group who were freely shown around the entire operation. Highly qualified chemists are employed who operate in very sophisticated laboratories equipped with the latest testing technology. These chemists are continually testing not only the purity of materials produced by the plant, but all residues and other non marketable outputs. Air expelled from the LAMP is subject to a continuous monitoring process and measurements recorded for all to see simply by dialling into a dedicated web address.
    Significant effort has been expended by management engaging with the local community to build goodwill with that group and assist their understanding of the safety of the LAMP and its outputs.
    One member of our group of LAMP visitors was an extremely well qualified engineer who had previously been responsible for managing one of Australia's largest companies. This gentleman explained to me the complexities of the plant. He summarised the difficulties and challenges of operating and managing such a plant and how impressed he was with the current management team. I asked about business risks and how these were being managed. I found it very interesting this expert did identify environmental safety as a risk for operation of the LAMP but confirmed this risk was effectively mitigated due to stringent safety and risk management systems in place. We did briefly discuss political risk but as the visit was before the May 18 election this was not identified as an issue at that time.
    While the LAMP is a large industrial complex, at no stage did I consider to be in any danger from exposure to potential radioactive materials. Amanda is very proud of the plant and the fact it is a safe working environment for her team.
    Anybody who has any doubts about the level of rigor and sophistication employed by Lynas with its safety and compliance program should view this excellent presentation. https://www.lynascorp.com/Shared Documents/LAMP Data/LAMP Data Slides.pdf

I am absolutely confident that provided the review is "fair and objective" the committee will conclude as I did that while the LAMP is a very large and complex operation, its activities and outputs are safe for employees, those businesses operating in the immediate vicinity of the LAMP, and for the residents of Kuantan.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.07
Change
0.020(0.33%)
Mkt cap ! $5.673B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.08 $6.09 $6.02 $35.62M 5.828M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 298927 $6.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 30108 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.