KEY 0.00% 0.1¢ key petroleum limited

Hi there, The Soothsayer.Yeh, it does look like the RIG problems...

1. 1,263 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Hi there, The Soothsayer.

Yeh, it does look like the RIG problems have pushed back their target date to reach the TD to about the 22nd Jan...IMO. I guess their announcement on Dec 11 when they reached 1322m was basically a heads up on the mud pump issue. I wonder whether they are just being ultra cautious with the drilling RIG given the history, rather than encountering any major efficiency issues........I am hoping this is the case anyway. I must admit I am not that familiar with drilling rigs so I wouldn’t like to speculate any further on this....however I do have 100% faith in the KEY management to do what is necessary.

On a positive note, the installation @ 1322m of the BOP (Blow Out Preventer) was a very good sign..imo and by next Tuesday ( Jan 15 ), I am expecting them to be around the 2285m mark where the final casing point will be set.

From there, well I think we just need to wait for TD where the next announcement should be from the operator as to whether we have hit something which might be commercially viable. I am feeling quite relaxed at the moment, however by next week I have a feeling I will be having a few sleepless nights, ha ha.

You could be spot on about a repair job on the RIG before the 2nd well, not a bad idea if it helps speed up the drill time.

Anyway, let's cross our fingers and hope for the best !!

Cheers
    R

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KEY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.