homeless man

1. 11,515 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 671
    About 2 hours ago I want for my usual walk, and that goes past my local church. At the back of the church is a beautiful little grotto which the parishioners had built, and which I usually visit.
    There on the ground was a blanket and a small container of milk and a few biscuits. A man of about 45 was there. I asked if he was alright, cut a long story short, he has been sleeping there. He wasn't drunk, or on drugs, but he certainly wasn't well. Said he'd been diagnosed with a tumour, and needed to sort himself out.
    I've been in touch with the crisis help line, no, nothing they could do, unless he came into them and asked for help, and unfortunately there are many who haven't got a bed for the night, Perth is experiencing an accommodation crisis.
    I tried contacting the church, only an answering machine, so left a message.
    I had some soup etc which I had made yesterday so took a couple of containers and left them with him. He wasn't very happy, and said he didn't need or want anyone's help.
    I'm no expert but he looked so depressed and in shock, and really very unwell.
    Its been revolting weather in Perth, rain, and more rain and bitterly cold.
    Who else do I contact ???

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.