Golden, we had a situation with a guy sleeping near my mum's...

1. 13,969 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 97
    Golden, we had a situation with a guy sleeping near my mum's unit and he was there for days. Everytime I approached him with food he took it. We had no idea what he using for a toilet but he refused help also. Then one Sunday it just bothered me and I called the local cops there (I lived an hour away). The locals would not help so I tried the next suburb (Fairfield). This older cop was so good and went to talk to him. He offered to drive him somewhere but the guy said no. But he gave the cop a number and someone came to get him. I drove around for a while worried he would go back but the cops stayed and made sure he got a lift.

This went on for weeks for us and it played on us. We found out later he had been on drugs and tried rehab and went back home but got kicked out again. he wasn't a kid he was about late 20's and sick too. He just wanted to be left alone and after I while I understood that.

We had called various charities, council, hospitals and all got the same answers.

I was so grateful to that cop because I was expecting the same ol' answer.

I honestly don't know what you could do but it's interesting he's shown up at the church there.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.