foolguy- arafat & mussolini- same ending Foolguy, this is why...

1. 5,748 Posts.
    foolguy- arafat & mussolini- same ending Foolguy, this is why the Palestinians will kill Arafat. Sooner or later they will wake up that "Arafat stole a generation or worse still poisoned a generation, maybe even two".

Children - What did you learn today?

Let's face it, dead kids make great telly" The London Times, Oct 19 2000.

Ever wondered why Palestinians use their children in warfare? Ever wondered why the Palestinian children wish to die as martyr? Ever wondered why the parents of these children rejoice in their martyrdom? Ever wondered why they send their children into the front line in the first place?

The answer lies in education. The Oxford Dictionary defines the verb 'Educate' as to: bring up, coach, counsel, discipline, edify, guide, improve, indoctrinate, inform, instruct, lecture, rear, school, teach, train, tutor. Children all over the world are educated by their parents, the school they attend, their government, through the media and via some form of religious ethos. Let us take a look at these five sources of influence to gain a fuller picture.

The Parents

Encouraged by Yasser Arafat's speeches lauding the role of children in their struggle, many Palestinian parents have come to view the role of youth in the intefada as useful and honourable. A child killed in a street confrontation becomes a shaheed (Arabic for 'Martyr'), bringing social recognition and a cash payment to his family of $2,000 per child killed and $300 per child wounded.

Martyrs are people who die for the sake of the holy jihad and Islam. They are held in such high regard by the Palestinian people that at times parents accept the death of their children as a badge of pride.

"I'm prepared to sacrifice my six children," said Mahmoud Sumara's mother Halima. "I'm serious. I don't mind if I lose them if that brings back al-Aqsa…" (NBC News)

"The danger of injury to the boy Tzabar Ahkranam, 18, paralysis and permanent disability, just added to his mothers determination to encourage her sons to participate in the intifada riots…the fact of his injury by a live bullet did not cause her to mourn." (PA paper Al-Ayyam Nov. 1,2000)

One mother told a journalist form the London Times, "I am happy that he (her 13-year-old son) has been martyred. I will sacrifice all my sons and daughters (12 in all) to Al-Aqsa and Jerusalem." (Kiley, "Deadly Game")

The School

Many activities of the PA are supported by International aid, much of this is from the US, and supported by the World Bank. From 1995 -1998, a total of $299 million for peaceful education was donated. Much of this money resulted in the publishing of false and hate-filled material towards Israel and the Jews. Some of this is reminiscent of the education used on children in Nazi Germany.

"Lessons to be learned….One must beware of the Jews, for they are treacherous and disloyal." (Islamic Education - Ninth Grade)

"There is no alternative to destroying Jerusalem" (Our Country Palestine)

"Dedicated to those who are battling for the expulsion of the enemy form our land" (Our Arabic Language, textbook for Fifth Grade)

The Government

A New York Times reporter John. F. Burns, observed a PA run summer camp program where 25,000 campers staged the kidnapping of Israeli leaders. He explained in his article "Palestinian Summer Camp Offers the Games of War" (N.Y. Times Aug 3, 2000), that children stripped and assemble guns and learnt the art of ambushing. They were given camouflage uniforms and imitation guns, practised infiltration and crawled through obstacles on their stomach.

The Media

On February 8 and July 2, 1998, a Palestinian television children's show broadcast under the control of the PA called "The Children's Club" aired an episode in which young boys with raised arms chanted "We are ready with our guns; revolution until victory, revolution until victory."

Another child, an 8 year old announced "Occupiers, your day is near, then we will settle our account…we will settle our claims with stones and bullets".

Another proclaimed "When I wander into Jerusalem I will become a suicide bomber".

A Religious Ethos

Palestinian children are taught by their religious leaders that to die as a martyr is the greatest of honour.

"The Martyr rejoices in the paradise that Allah has prepared for him…." (Islamic Education - Seventh Grade)

"I pray that God will chose them to be Martyrs" (father of 13 year old speaking to journalist Chris Hedge of NY Times, Oct. 29, 2000)

"The honourable soul has two objectives: Achieving death and honour." (Adb al-Rahim Mahmud's song of the Martyr, Sixth Grade)

The above facts and quotes merely scratch the surface. Over the last 18 months, newspapers and televisions have seen continual appearances of Palestinian children heading riots, hurling stones and praying to become a martyr. When examining the reasons for this, it becomes apparent the Palestinian Authority, via a long term education plan, have indoctrinated their youth through the means of cleverly controlled media, summer-camp programs and financial incentives. Children have become a weapon of war.

We must hope that in the future, rather than emphasising hatred and a disregard for life, those in charge of our children's education will teach them "to love your fellow man as you love yourself". Be he Jew, Christian or Moslem.

Our children are the future, and it will be their attitude towards others which will determine any future peace.

Parting Questions:

Could the world do more to stop the indoctrination by the Palestinian Authority extremists and help the plight of the children?

If the world doesn't stand up for Palestinian children before they are lost to violence, will peace be possible in the next generation?

Is it a concern that EU, US and other national funds are being used to fund the current PA education and martyring system?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.