honour killings suicides on the rise, page-19

1. 13,575 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 567
    Sad to hear Warnie.

With a step daughter with bi-polar issues from Hydroponic crap abuse and a GP father that had to treat many mentally sick patients,including several that committed suicide after long suffering, it can almost be seen as a release for these people on the same scale as what one sees with people that undergo paliative care for cancer.Still very sad all the same,espc for the family.

These areas are just so grey and we have no idea what they go through.

My (GP)Father has actually had to also be treated for severe depression as has my brother in law.Thankfully they both respond to shock treatment.Its increadibly sad to watch someone who's very intelligent being reduced to such a negative line of thought to the degree of not wanting to live any more and doubting even the most basic decision making capabilities in life.As archaic as shock treatment sounds it works and is done under aneasthetic,IF DEEMED APPROPRIATE by the pschychiatrists.Both my father,a GP,and my brother in-law,an aneathetist,readily have this treatment.

His parents dying would have had a profound effect on his ability to cope if they were already supporting a mental problem he had.Very simliar to what happened with one of my fathers patients who had his Mum die(his father had already passed away).He was never the same relatively speaking.He was schizophrenic,and took his life many years later after many torturous years of depression.

My thoughts go to You and your family Warnie.

d.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.