@Sweetsound - myGosh, early onset of Alzheimers - totally forgot...

1. 17,859 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @Sweetsound - myGosh, early onset of Alzheimers - totally forgot I had written about it already - did some more research today, though.
    My Mum used to make 'nokedli' regularly, can't say I liked them (yes, she called them 'Nockerln'), she cooked too much of what I now know are basic and cheap foods with too much flour - . . . . but now and then, they are delicious - the Swabians (Svabos) make that too, they call them 'Spätzle' (transl: small sparrows; they also call little' boys willies 'Spätzle' ) and usually add an egg or two, as well.

She also had a special and time-consuming way of frying potatoes, usually taking cold peeled potatoes (but cooked if possible the day before), then cut them into small pieces and fried them, by tossing them in - usually - lard - for lengthy periods - and they would come out, crusty all over - I don't have the patience and if I make that, I eat the lot, so a no-no for the diet conscious - but delicious! You can use clarified butter, even sunflower oil, but use minimal amounts of oil only, the heat of the pan and the tossing, eventually, gives an all-over crust.

I've put off bread-baking for another week, until it gets a little cooler - - - - but did really enjoy eating the result, had absolutely no desire for sweet things, or cake after that kind of bread.
    Need to go out into the heat . . .
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.