@Sweetsound - I know you are still quite young - but having been...

1. 18,028 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 154
    @Sweetsound - I know you are still quite young - but having been single now for a long time, I found men are notoriously bad at estimating a woman's age, so maybe I am the same . . . but am getting close to exit, doctors only recently found things wrong with me, but due to me 'wanting to die' (for 3 years now) my body is probably obliging - but the old spirit is kicking in now!!!

Caterina Valente - yes she was on radio a lot, but not on my radar, I was strictly into folk music and I learnt to thunder the classics on my piano - can play a few Beethoven sonatas, which were just the right thing for the 'Sturm und Drang' emotions of teenage years (when my contemporaries were into Boogy-Woogy and Elvis Presley etc. - I detested Mozart as boring, though I did like 'Die Zauberflöte's' music, couldn't make much sense of the story, which was just so much fairytale. I now think Mozart superior and divine! Recently watched "Amadeus" again, which is so much fun, not true, of course, but the essence is there . . .

I think I just found myself a good piano tuner, who might work wonders on the aging strings of my piano . . . might play it a bit more after the treatment.
    Re Presley: I just had some photos sent to me about the 'Vienna Operaball' whereto an aging and rich Lothario (Richard Lugner) always invites international celebrities (for a generous fee - he pays them to attend) - this year he invited Elvis Presley's widow, Priscilla.
    Go well, young man, don't isolate yourself,
    there are gorgeous women out there . . . .
    Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.