hoots, page-115

1. 42,194 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1022
    I think @h00ts (he must have links to Hooters eatery?) will agree that all indicators are useful as long as the user undrstand what it does and preferably have an idea how the data are calculated.

If you look at his typical chart, it is very 'raw' in nature with minimum indicators. I use the standard candlestick while he uses Heikenashi (spelling) candle.

Initially I use to thumb my nose to trendlines because logically it doesn't make any sense since prices only go up and down each day or else the candles could be fat or thin. LOL Anyway TL or S/R have their usage.

One problem I find when using indicators to time entry by the nature of the lag is a late entry. This makes exit when the investment isn't working problematic because the exit signal is late making the size of the risk undefinable pre-entry.

KISS strategy works best, ask little Johnny what the trend is (looking left to right) which a lot of folks put great value measuring, is a good way to start before studying the more intimate details of how trend within trends. Good luck.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.