hoots, page-93

1. 4,798 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 724
    Hi Smuglex,

Thank you for the Tag and the input, ye i agree when i went to the A2m thread after the news and saw some of the posts that were written. i initially sat back and wondered why i bother coming here.

1st of all i hope you and the family and amongst others you have tagged here are well in this pandemic period.

Congratulations on your wealth i too hope that i will get up to that level 1 day, my thoughts here investing are more fundamental analysis as i don't know much at all about technical analysis.
    To be very honest i never believed in TA until H00ts arrived on the A2m chart thread, it was only after studying him and the share price movement that over times i became a believer, having said that i still look at other charts but dont put as much faith in them.

For A2m i feel as though i have grown up with this company and been through the highs and the lows along the way with it, from the management side i certainly cant discredit them, they have done a sterling job over the past 5 years say that i have owned the company.
    If we look back to the very beginning from where we were at and the competitor at that stage was bellamys to where we are now you would have to say the board and management have done well and i have noticed the directors selling shares, but to me this is not an issue as they have sold their positions down over the years consistently, so knowing this in my book the directors get the tick from me.
    The directors at A2m are different to the in house selling that the other posters relate to on the other A2m thread. its not like our Directors did what the Bellamys directors did. The bellamys directors at the time sold off majority of their share holding then released the poor results to the market, this is different to what happened with us.
    mainly due to snubbing the daigou market and poor stock control, i remember someone put in a massive order and the sock was not moving then they couldnt pay the supplier.
    I still remember that the chairman held the agm and resigned during or at the beginning of the meeting, as he knew he was about to get fired via the vote, there was alot of angry shareholders that day.

i remember prior to the above and when A2M was 1st listed that a broker who was in TA, didnt believe the storey of A2m and said buy bellamys as they are years ahead of A2m, i still remember that vividly today.
    if i had listened to him i wouldn't have made the gains i have made to this present day and in fact would have been the opposite as i would have lost a lot as we can see where bellamys ended up.

A2m management, as mentioned above i cant fault them, apart from when babbage left and Hardlicker took over, i cant help to think that the company lost its way here, this was a concern to me as it was not the same A2m company.
    fast forward and when babbage came back he got rid of the people that harlicker hired and seemed to get the company back on track.
    so i have questions around what is going to happen when babbage hangs up the boots for good, i'm not so sure it is the same company when he is not there.

The A2m prospects in china are still very strong, it would be hard for the company to calculate where the income stream is coming since the lockdown in victoria for 6 weeks is definetly going to put a dent in the revenue for A2m.

To me the demand has not stopped and has merely transferred to the more direct channels, lets not forget the basics with this company it is still making good profit in the middle of a pandemic and if this is it at the worst point then we will definetly be better in the good times when we come out of this.

The days of raining cash will come back i bought more at $13.98 and still have them, if this goes down further i will most likely add more as when we return to the norm conditions all things being equal the revenue should pick back up again, not to mention there should be another wave of baby booming due to the pandemic.

Another point i would make is that it depends on your investing time frame, for me it is different, i'm at the ripe old age of 38 so i have a long time to go to ride this out.

COVID

i'm not sure if you have been paying attention to the news but i'm lucky enough to live on the northern beaches, i'm in Manly and i can tell you at ground level there are not many people out at all due to the outbreak in Avalon.

The people in the area have been really good adopting the recommendations from NSW health, at around 5pm today our local government area is going into lock down, like what we had in March and April.

so with that said look after your selves and take care.

p.s. sorry it took so long to get back to you and for the longwinded post, above all A2m is still a good company and the China market numbers would still filtering in, i think these will be bigger than expected.

oh and i forgot to add i sold most of my holding in Feb 2018 to paydown about 60% of my mortgage, i have since bought more of A2m and other stocks.

i have alot to be thankful for with A2m this company has changed my life.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.