hoots, page-165

1. 910 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 151
    Can I say initially what a true gentle man Al Rurenga was - I consider it a pleasure for all of us to have known him.Thank you for grasping exactly what I was looking for. I am on a lot of drugs these days and my thoughts are often pretty squiffy but you have understood exactly what I was after.I have been unwell for many years and have gradually introduced my wife to account management including our children’s continued super payments. Westpac Online has improved so that all dividends, franking credits, etc. are now produced automatically, but the days of being able to trust a bank or a Perpetual Trustees to trade are long gone since they introduced performance based staff evaluation, often becoming churn and burn shops.Our children and their spouses are doctors, so they make good incomes from long hours, but they have little understanding of markets, although I faint at the sight of blood so I don’t really understand their world.I believe that trading and investment decisions are really quite intuitive. I have always been a trader (money markets, currency, commodities) and I think it comes to us quite naturally. My wife could make trades but does not have the confidence to do so.I do not pretend to know you well but I think that we have both worked hard, maybe been a bit lucky and managed to amass sufficient funds for a very comfortable lifestyle for us, our children, and in our case, our very young grandchildren.I am a buy and hold investor but I move from one sector of the market to another as rationale takes me, much for the reasons that you and @hoots have described.In recent years our dividends and franking credits have burgeoned, so I have no concerns about my wife’s capacity ti live well, but I would like to ensure our funds continued to be used wisely.Our trustees are corporate so succession planning is not an issue, and I would be happy for our funds to pay for investment advice, but you only need to look for Magellan, AMP and Pendal to see how those organisations fall from grace.You have summed it up perfectly with ‘Preservation’.I have given and taken all kinds of advice during my life, so I fully accept that your post is nothing other than a personal chat, and I thank you for that.I will work my way through the links you have provided, and let you know any results in due course.Kind regards

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.