GDN 0.00% 1.7¢ golden state resources limited

I hope they stay in suspension until they complete the well and...

1. 217 Posts.

I hope they stay in suspension until they complete the well and flow test all levels as this would be great for the long term holder and stop the traders and manipulators from stuffing around with the share price.

Thought I would share the reason why I feel comfortable through my research:

From 2/2/07 West Australian Article quote:

“Oceanic Asset Management fund manager Elliott Rowton said he had invested in Golden State based on what the company had discovered to date not for the yet-to-be reached main target.

Mr Rowton says he expects the company has the potential to move into production within 12 months.

"We are not too bothered by what occurs at depth, to us that is the cream on top, we are happy with the data we have seen to date," he said.

"We believe that the market is overlooking that factor at the moment, if the market was not focused on that bottom target then psychology of this company would be a lot different."

Then from the QUARTERLY ACTIVITIES REPORT For the Three Months ended 31 December 2006:

The reason why I am not concerned about the increased depth is “Due to an unexpected increase in thickness of an evaporite (salt) sequence in the Cane Creek member of the Alkali Gulch Formation (see Table on page 2), targets and formation tops below the Barker Creek
    Member have been found to be at least 1,500’ deeper than the original prognosis. This has resulted in a corresponding increase in the projected depth of the well.”

The other significant points in my opinion in this important announcement are:

“Significant Gas Shows Discovered
    To date gas shows have been intersected in a large number of separate zones in the well, from the
    Elephant Canyon Formation, at 6,552 feet (1,997 m) through to the Pinkerton Trail Formation at 15,292
    feet (4,661 m), over a gross section of 8,740 feet (2,661 m).

The shows thus far indicate a significant gas discovery. Five target zones tested so far are considered to
    have the most potential for development, from the Upper Ismay to the Pinkerton Trail Formation (5,600
    feet of section).”

“Paradox Basin #1 has remained close to the original forecast in regard to the anticipated geology except that the gross sand interval indicated by wireline logs, is much larger than originally forecast and indicates significant upside for hydrocarbons in the Paradox Formation.

The current mud log and wireline log gas indications in the well are significant as the well penetrated
    the upper Paradox Formation (the secondary objective) well down-dip based on the current mapping.

The potential area at the top of the Paradox Formation up-dip to the well is large.”

Then we also have 100% owndership of promising Uranium leases in US and also Leonora Gold project 100% owned and "Johnston Range Iron Ore Project: Outcrop sampling gives indications of direct
    shipping iron ore. Gravity survey yields targets for hematite goethite iron mineralisation".

Also of note is the progress regarding pipeline:
    "Work is proceeding towards completion of permitting and the establishment of production infrastructure
    for the gas horizons already discovered in the Pennsylvanian section of the well and any further
    hydrocarbon sections that may be located within the Mississippian (including Leadville Limestone)
    targets yet to be tested.
    The permitting process for a pipeline right-of-way is proceeding, and discussions have commenced with
    gas gathering companies on the design, procurement and finance of the connection pipeline and
    associated gas plant. Discussions on design and engineering of a tap-in to the 26” gas transmission
    pipeline are proceeding with the pipeline owner."

This is just my perspective and what I feel are important points to understand from my research.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.