RRS 0.00% 0.1¢ range resources limited

Cloak, how have I been posting the obvious 'after the event'?...

1. 478 Posts.
    Cloak, how have I been posting the obvious 'after the event'? No, I didn't buy back in when it hit 10c because trying to pick the exact bottom of a downtrending share is a dangerous and expensive hobby. Best to buy back in after a few weeks of stability. I disagree wholeheartedly that any share on the market is truly 'predictable'- if it were so, everyone would be a winner. RRS is reasonably predictable only in the sense that when everyone is buying in, you should probably be selling, and vice versa, but when exactly to sell and buy isn't all that obvious at all.

For example, 18 months ago, the share was 8p, and going pretty much nowhere. All of a sudden within 4 weeks, it was at 24p, based on pretty much no new information. That was NOT predictable in the slightest. When I sold recently at near to 12p I didn't anticipate it going to 16p before a retrace then a big fall, or I'd have obviously pocketed myself 4p a share of extra profit.

And your extraordinary claims aren't even backed up by your own posts. You were still posting buy recommendations on this stock in September when it was 12p (it went to 6.5p at the low point before the Puntland spike back up) so I've got my doubts as to whether you can 'predict' this as well as you claim. I'm not trying to claim I called it perfectly either- I bought back in at 9.3p in December 2011 and it went down to 6.5p as I've said so got pretty far off the low, but a master trader you certainly are not, at least going by your buy recommendations. That's fine because the stock market, contrary to your post, is not all that predictable. Ironically, you're doing exactly what you accused me of doing- posting after the event and claiming you did this and that. At least all my trades were posted on here at the time they were made, and I even stuck around after selling at 12p when it went to 16p. I don't recall you having a pop then when it looked like I'd called it badly, but now that the call was ultimately proved right there's no shortage of bitter investors waiting to take a swing.

What I think drarthur meant (please correct me if I'm wrong) is that if you truly believed this share was predictable, you would have sold the entire lot when you did, rather than just part of your holding. After all, if you truly believed wholeheartedly that the stock was going down, you wouldn't want to hold a single share in the company. When I buy and sell, I do so all at once, without half measures, because if your judgment tells you it's going one way or the other, and you trust your own judgment, you'd buy or sell with all the funds you've decided to allocate to RRS in your portfolio. If you decide to only buy or sell a small amount, then you don't truly believe it's predictable, as by holding some shares and selling some you're implying you believe the share could go either way.

KIWI, you're right, it would have been nice to have an apology, but I wasn't expecting one. No one ever seems to apologise on the internet to begin with, and especially on share dealing forums, where the rampers always believe they are right, even after the facts that have been put in front of their face prove them wrong. Notice how even after I posted the full suspension logs, Cloak said 'LOL............ you have been exposed for what you are'. Even with the facts showing he was wholly incorrect, he persisted in the same belief. It's much like how a couple of posters on here keep saying the well was not a disappointment, when the facts of the current share price tell them otherwise. Very difficult to get through to these people unfortunately. If I get it wrong I openly say so, but when a 'positive poster' gets it wrong, they normally ascribe such a failure to 'market manipulation', 'private investors not fully understanding the great announcement' and the like.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.