hopping mad.. rubbish public school system

1. 6,316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    Just got cut of the phone by my son's school teacher who wouldn't answer my questions.

This was my two loaded questions.

1) How could my son get the highest mark in Year 8 for a subject in which he got 46% ?

I kid you not.

2) From a Statistical perspective, what does it say about the teaching method or style for the entire Year 8's to fail a subject?

She tried to justify it by saying they weren't interested or didn't study for the exam. That was when I interjected and said I know and understand the course content very well and had been helping my son in preparation for the exam.
    Therefore, I don't accept that. That was when she said I won't be lectured by you and I will end this now by hanging up. I then repeated my second question to her and sure enough, she hung up.

I don't accept her wishy washy answer as I know my son tries hard in everything he does. Considering he got the top mark in Italian for year 8, 98% as an anglo white Australian kid amongst other ethnic backgrounds including Italian, it speaks volumes that my son is a real trier.

In his Humanities Exam he only got 67% and he couldn't believe he got that many questions wrong. Wait for it. The same teacher had inadvertently marked the last page out of 10 when it was out of 25. I am in the process of having my sons exam papers remarked. The science teacher is an Indian that most of the students can't even understand what on earth he is even saying. That's when I said to my son you need to follow it from the text book rather than relying on the teacher.

I understand teachers have a lot of pressure placed on them.

However, I won't accept teachers that can't even interact with parents or students.

Amazingly, my older son attends a very well known public school that aims for high achievers. Completely different mindset with interaction of Parents - Teachers - Students.

Will wait till the end of the year to transfer my youngest son.

Hard to fathom that both schools are so close to one another and yet so far apart in their mindset and methodology.

Cheers markco2

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.