hopping mad.. rubbish public school system, page-10

1. 18,823 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 155
    Every election the relevant prospetive governments solution is to promise to throw another couple of billion at the problem for 'better education'.

Throwing money at this does NOT solve the problem.

The main problem as far as I can ascertain is that very few of the teachers actually give a damn. The teachers in the local school here regularly put on a DVD for the 'lesson'.
    If that is the way they teach, better spend you money on getting the discovery channel and keeping the kids at home.

This is why the unions kicked back at teachers and schools getting compared, because it will show up all the tattooed loafers masquerading as teachers.

Do you know that in QLD the easies post-school course to get into if your marks are not good is...... you guessed it: teaching!. Where no other university will accept you due to your poor grades, you can always become a teacher!

Then there is anotherr problem for which I have some sympathy for the teachers. Schools cannot discipline children. In the local school teachers are sworn at and they continue as if nothing has happened because they cannot discipline the child. Now understand that this starts very young. I have a family member in childcare and they have MANY local 5 year old's who tell the teachers to '.' off and that they are bitches. 4,5,6 year olds, I kid you not. And of course the parents dont see a problem and if you tell them or put it on the childs record, the centre is threatened with lawsuits.

You cannot even diagnose a standard leaning disability in pre-school these days without the parents threatening to sue if it goes on the record.

So - ill-disciplined parents -> ill-disciplined toddlers -> ill-disciplined children -> ill-disciplined adults -> and some end up being ill-disciplined teachers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.