AVR 0.00% $18.00 anteris technologies ltd

Horrible chart, page-3

1. 285 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 192
    Indeed it is alchemist80. CC is an incredible product/platform, the Professor is a saint, but even having the best products in the world is no defence against management blunders. Take a look into the experience of TIS if you are inclined...amazing product, completely stuffed up by management...it will be years before they recover (if they ever do). It is very difficult to walk away from a company that has a good product(s) and potential. It is hard enough to uncover disruptive companies, so when you do you obviously want to surf that wave all the way, but having a groundbreaking product does not guarantee a good management capability. The learning for me from TIS was management capability, expertise, performance or whatever you want to call it should never be underestimated - essentially we are talking execution risk, and I've reached the point of view it is one of the biggest risks to consider in investment decisions, and one that needs continuous review. I lightened my AHZ holding while back, I attended the last AGM and was given plenty of reasons to downgrade my view of Management (and I encourage all holders to make the effort to attend the next one, eyeballing them is one of the best ways to get insight into Management)...right now I'm kind of wishing I'd lightened some more! ....I'm still learning to act decisively on this issue it would seem...

I also think the recent post by @dubspec is on the money, or rather the lack of it, and the likelihood of a CR hanging in the air. Even the most recent analyst reports distributed by Julian both called out the financing strain for the next couple of years. Against that, you've got a new Chairman saying he is taking the knife to costs and focusing on shareholder value. Then there's the vax lotto, waiting on results that will change the world, and an upfront payday that will solve everything in a blink of an eye. There's so much going on...execution takes focus, I've said it before and it still concerns me, are they trying to do too much? Keeping an eye on future growth, and what's happening in the markets they want to compete in, is all well and good, but you need to operate within your limits.

All these things play with your psychology - there's enough there to create fear of missing out on the big return coming "real soon", but there's loads of risk that is being too readily discounted (IMHO). It is still a spec, afterall.

It's too early to know the overall direction in which this will all pan out, so all you can do is wait in limbo for it to become more apparent, if you have the risk appetite, or else get out. The trend in the SP since December tells you which of those options investors are going for.

That said, a SP and a company's value are often misaligned. There are some confounding management decisions for sure (e.g. Sabby) but there are signs CC might be gaining traction, we'll know better in a day or so (please just don't waffle about number of centres, Management, they're a smoke screen... you know it, we know it).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.00
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $346.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100 $17.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.09 385 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.01am 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.