Horrific Abortionist Organization selling babies, page-197

1. 27,626 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    "Revelation 17:8 that World War II, which was then raging, would not lead into Armageddon, as some thought, but that the war would end and a period of peace would set in. There was still work to be done in proclaiming God’s Kingdom.
    (Revelation 17:8) The wild beast that you saw was, but is not, and yet is about to ascend out of the abyss, and it is to go off into destruction. And the inhabitants of the earth—those whose names have not been written in the scroll of life from the founding of the world—will be amazed when they see how the wild beast was, but is not, and yet will be present."

In my view it takes a great deal of imagination to link WW2 and the League of Nations to this passage.

And even more to link:
    "Christendom had heralded the League of Nations as the agency that was to bring peace following WW 1. However it went into the abyss when WW 2 erupted. The prophecy came to be understood as it was about to happen. It ascended out of the abyss as the United Nations in 1945. "It is to go off into destruction" , SHORTLY. First it will eliminate false religion."

to this passage:
    "(Revelation 17:16, 17) And the ten horns that you saw and the wild beast, these will hate the prostitute and will make her devastated and naked, and they will eat up her flesh and completely burn her with fire.  For God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought, yes, to carry out their one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished."

If this is the level of evidence that Watchtower comes up with and accepts, then I wonder why they have so much trouble with the theory of evolution.

Watchtower's has but one of many interpretations of Revelation.
    Here are four others.
    The reason that I'm bringing this to your attention that Revelation is very much open to interpretation especially 2,000 years after it was written.
    In my opinion Watchtower is being very arrogant if it claims that it has a superior interpretation.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.